Friday, July 4, 2008
Wednesday, June 25, 2008
Also, I've noticed that the diesel increased P1.50 again. *makes sign of the cross*
My mother recently told me that I should really get an umbrella. At first, I was okay with SPF20 and taking the cab when it rains. Now, the temperature is turning extreme! If it's not very hot, it's very cold or near-stormy. Plus, the hot-ness is not the normal Davao midday hotness. It's almost like Cebu. It makes you feel sticky and annoyed. *blows hair up*
My Economics teacher DENIED that the PPF (Production Possibility Frontier) follows a concave curve. She also got pissed off when my friend, told her that the PPF is actually best illustrated through the curve. According to her, because the equation is linear, the graph should also manifest a STRAIGHT LINE! Well, actually, the examples she gave (wine and cheese, rice and corn) should be represented by the curve because they are not similar products! What's really annoying is that she really stood by WHAT HER VISUAL AID SAID. Straight line can only be used if there is a toss-up between two very, very similar products. However, similar products do not illustrate opportunity cost very well. (If you don't know what I'm talking about, click here.)
Darn, she doesn't know about the subject matter very well. And it's just basic economics ha! To top off, she doesn't even know how to deal with (smart) students! Tsktsk. This country THIRSTS FOR better teachers.
Someone I just met asked me if I'm already a college senior. I said yes. After that, he asked me if I'm 20 or 21. I exclaimed,
"No! I'm just 18!"
*awkward 5-second silence*
"I mean, 19! I'm turning 19...this September."
And then in that magical moment, I realized...that I'm turning 19. 19. 19. 19. 19. 19.
Like a torture-echo.
Somehow I couldn't return the smile.
Friday, June 20, 2008
For the first time, I ran out of things to say for my last article due yesterday. I even passed ten minutes after the daily deadline. I was just full of it. And writing for the same topic for a week...Man, twas mind-numbing. But it's paying well, so, again, LOL.
My mom got us a new labandera yesterday. Her name is Ate Bebeng. Curious,
"Ma, pila imong bayad kay ate bebeng? Di ba si ate Angie (our ex labandera who flew to Manila) kay P250 a day?"
(Ma, how much do you pay ate Bebeng? You paid ate Angie P250 a day, right?)
"P2000 a month."
"Wow! Daku-a uy!"
(Wow! That's too much!)
"She comes over thrice a week. Si Angie once a week lang so I pay her daily."
I was just quiet. In my mind, it was too much for a labandera. I mean, we should've just employed a full-time all-around helper and give her the same. *blows hair up* That way, I don't have to wash the dishes.
And then, after a few hours, I thought about this conversation. I realized that I shouldn't complain because I have a better job. It pays more and demands less. Sure, it gets hard at times, but it's a job I love---writing. After that realization, I decided to embrace my job, not because it's not so hard after all, but because it funds my debate career.
So once again, LOL.
Wednesday, June 18, 2008
Before you label yourself a do-it-all gal who's got it going on, babe, you gotta know how you should be like every day. I present to you the seven habits of highly effective bitches.
1. Be charming! Be very charming. The regular bitch is someone who gets what she wants but the high-quality bitch gets what she wants EVEN IF SHE DOESN'T KNOW HOW IT ALWAYS HAPPENS. She is manipulative because she is irresistible. She is a lawbreaker because she is cute when she is.The art of charm is more than eyelash-batting; it is a clothing that you have to wear everyday. It is embedded in the way you stand, walk, carry yourself, talk, write. Everything! What is important is that you steal hearts(and breaths!) everywhere you go. Yes, even if you're sweating after a soccer practice.
2. Be creative! The bitch always stands out in a crowd. The regular bitch wears whatever is in, the goddess-bitch defies conventions and yet looks unexplanably perfect in whatever she wears. Be that kind of person. The first thing that you have to master is your body type and your complexion. You must easily determine which colors and styles flatter you the most and work on it. Be very innovative. And stock a lot. Tip: The Ukay-ukay is a heavenly place for cheap and rare beauties. It's like, the seventh wonder of the world!
3. Be street-smart! I told you before; the bitch is manipulative. This means that she knows the way of the world. It has a lot to do with survival and social standing. Carefully choose your affiliations, always come up with a Plan B (in rare cases, the goddess-bitch fails) and cross your fingers.
4. Be optimistic! The regular bitch has this unattainable aura that makes her look unapproachable, antagonistic, and worse, old. She thinks she's so good that she should just put an invisible "don't talk to me" sign on her forehead. No. That's not the way to go. Be the bitch who is always seen as happy and optimistic. In a world where the news is always bad news, be the fresh juice. People will thank you afterwards.
5. Be fit! The important bitch is a world-helper, a world-saver and a world-beautifier. To maintain whatever contribution you have, you have to be fit and healthy. Actually, it's not that hard to imagine. Just squeeze in little worthwhile physical activities like climbing the stairs, biking, weekend badminton, etc. Moreover, develop the habit of eating healthy. Being a vegan is not required. Just abstinence from soft drinks and junk food can do the trick. You can't always save the world, but at least save yourself.
6. Be grateful. In a world where the words "please" "thank you" and "kindly" are experiencing shortages more glaring than rice, be the difference. There are times when it takes you more than a minute to get that illegal dessert, you know. *evil smile*
7. Love yourself. No, I'm not saying you take a picture of yourself and post the same damn thing 8 times on Friendster, that's not self-love, that's disturbing self-idolatry! By loving oneself, it entails respect and pride. Make these things your way of life. And life will make way for you.
Come on, there's gotta be a self-help article somewhere for all the wanna-be bitches in the world. They're quite a big market, you know.
Tuesday, January 22, 2008
Is a silk undergarment
I wear it so close to me
I'm loving the way it feels
The way it sends fireworks
Of sensations to my
I hide it from the eyes
Of those who FEEL they know love
Because mine is too magnificent
Therefore it must only be disclosed
To the eyes of those
Who understand such magnificence
The way there is lace
And silver stars
At the sides of my so-called love
Me wearing this love
Is the truest version of myself
See how it decorates my skin
Sometimes, i powder it with jasmine
Only because, I want to wear it
And be at my best
Every time you opt
To ravish me recklessly
However, i will still be posting stuff here. Mostly poetry. Or random ramblings.
ciao for now. =)